Is your toothbrush holding back your smile? If so, your entire mouth may suffer. When you need to keep your teeth clean and clear of harmful debris and bacteria, you can always rely on brushing. Here are some tips to help you along:
– Always store your toothbrush upright in a well-ventilated area. If your toothbrush must be taken on a trip and stored in a sealed container, do so only for limited amounts of time, as bacteria can grow in damp areas.
– Traditional toothbrushes may not always suit your oral health care needs. For an alternative brush, try using an electric toothbrush.
– To ensure your brush will continue to work effectively, try switching your toothbrush out every 3-4 months or earlier if necessary.
– Brushes with soft bristles are safer for your teeth, as enamel abrasion is less likely to occur. In addition, always use a brush that can easily fit into your mouth and reach all areas within.
– Always store your toothbrush in a safe location that is free from other toothbrushes, as this can cause contamination to occur. As a general rule, never share your brush with others and always store it in a safe space.
– In order to choose the right toothpaste and toothbrush for your specific needs, always look for the ADA Seal of Acceptance to ensure the products have been proven safe and effective and speak with your dentist about product approvals or recommendations.
Don’t delay in visiting our team at Konstantinos Proussaefs DDS Inc. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Konstantinos Proussaefs and our team at our dentist office in Simi Valley, California, please call us at 805-526-8296. The smile of your dreams is only a visit away!